I have noticed that the plaque on my ancient Line6 guitar amp started to fall apart. The obvious option to
fix it make new one was to use advantages of laser cutter. The procedure is very simple:
- scan or measure the original plaque, draw new one of the same size.
- apply transfer paper to the acrylic glass you will be cutting the plaque from
- vector engrave all details – remember to mirror flip the image as you’ll be engraving on the back side.
- cut around the shape
- remove the paper from parts of one colour, spray paint the acrylic (few thin layers), allow to dry
- remove the rest of the paper, spray paint another colour, allow to dry
- add double side adhesive tape on the back side
- attach to your amp and enjoy
You may usually find the proper vector logo in public domain online galleries. Photos of the whole procedure below.